Recently I’ve been looking at lots of running blogs and forums to get some ideas of what people are listening to whilst out running.
It seems however, that the jury is still out on whether “true” runners should even be listening to music whilst pounding the pavement (or sidewalk).
I think this is complete nonsense. Surely you do whatever you must to allow you to have a good run. For me, that means having some encouraging tunes on my iPod Shuffle!
Trying to find inspiration for what to listen to is difficult as it is really down to the individual. I know people who listen to (very) heavy metal, and some that listen to classical music. Each to their own I say! Different speeds require different BPM’s.
But if you found this post, looking for inspiration; here are some of the songs I am listening to whilst running (with Spotify links). I find they help me through difficult runs and more often, they seem to be the same ones.
- ZZ Top – Sharp Dressed Man
- Outkast – Hey Ya!
- Kings of Leon – The Bucket
- The Chemical Brothers – The Golden Path
- Morning Runner – Gone up in flames (Aptly named)
- We are Scientists – The Great Escape
- Superman – Main Titles – Cheesy I know, but try it. Superman Returns version is the best I feel
- Rocky – Eye of the Tiger – Ahem. It’s a cliché, but it’s a good one!
- Peter Bjorn and John – Young Folks – Don’t use the album version. I’m sure that is different.
That’s just a few for now. Please leave your recommendations below in the comments box. A link to Spotify would be helpful too so we can all enjoy it easily!